This page has been created for recruiters wanting to share job opportunities with me. I get a lot of job roles through my email and the majority of them are not suitable/interesting or match my skillset.
This page contains a list of requirements for me to consider a job opportunity. If you think you can match / negotiate appropriately with these, feel free to reach out.
My current employer Moonpig.com is honestly one of the best companies I have worked for so far in my career. I get to work on cool things and the people I work with are great. Therefore the job opportunity has to be something really special for me to consider it.
Product or Project
- I have no interest in agency work or working for a start up.
- Customer focused and/or beneficial to society. I have no desire to work for companies that sole purpose is to line the pocket of shareholders.
- Interesting, I have been in the industry for 10 years. I have worked on the same problems at different companies and their are only so many times I can build a carousel.
Mix of experience and skill level. It's not fun working on a team full of seniors but also I don't want to be the smartest person in the room as that doesn't give me chance to grow and further develop my skills.
- A maximum of 35 Hours per week.
- Flexible. I usually work 8-4 (I value my evenings more than my mornings) with a 1 hour lunch break (this is important to me as it gives me time to workout and eat).
- No time tracking.
Time tracking leads to trust issues. If you don't trust me to do the job I'm hired to do, then I can't trust that you aren't number-watching as a metric for output.
Time Off / Holiday Allowance
25 days a year or more (plus bank holidays).
- 100% Remote, 2020-2021 was a real eye opener to me, I am a huge advocate for ergonomic working environments. I have spent a considerable amount of my own money making my office fit my own requirements rather than being given some generic equipment that has been through procurement.
- Timezone should accommodate for UK timezones (GMT and BST).
- I am a Frontend Engineer at heart, this is my main passion.
- I have over 7 years experience with ReactJS, the first version of React I used was 0.12.x so I've been using it a while. It would be a shame to throw that experience away so opportunities with React please.
- I can write scalable and maintainable CSS that is built to last. I have experience with Vanilla CSS, Sass, Styled-Components, CSS Modules and Tailwind.
- Whilst I can work with AWS and design APIs, it should not be the main focus of the role. There are far more talented and motivated developers than me for that type of work.
Salary and benefits
- I have a Minimum salary expectation that I will give on request.
- Pension contributions beyond the UK legal minimum.
- Bonus scheme for meeting targets / goals.
It's not all about money but I think I should be compensated fairly for my skills and experience and taking a downgrade in pay isn't likely to get me into a role.