This page has been created for recruiters wanting to share job opportunities with me. I get many job roles through email, and most are unsuitable/interesting or match my skillset.
This page contains a list of requirements for me to consider a job opportunity. If you think you can match/negotiate appropriately with these, feel free to reach out.
My current employer Moonpig.com is honestly one of the best companies I have worked for so far in my career. I get to work on cool things, and the people I work with are great. Therefore the job opportunity has to be something extraordinary for me to consider.
Product or Project
- I have no interest in agency work or working for a start-up.
- Customer-focused and beneficial to society. I have no desire to work for companies that sole purpose is to line the pocket of shareholders.
- Interesting, I have been in the industry for 10 years. I have worked on the same problems at different companies, and there are only so many times I can build a carousel.
A mix of experience and skill level. It's not fun working on a team full of seniors, and I don't want to be the most intelligent person in the room as that doesn't give me a chance to grow and further develop my skills.
- A maximum of 35 hours per week.
- Flexible. I usually work 8-4 (I value my evenings more than my mornings) with a 1-hour lunch break (this is important to me as it gives me time to workout and eat).
- No time tracking.
Time tracking leads to trust issues. If you don't trust me to do the job I'm hired to do, then I can't trust that you aren't number-watching as a metric for output.
Time Off / Holiday Allowance
25 days a year or more (plus bank holidays).
- 100% Remote, 2020-2021 was eye-opening; I am a massive advocate for ergonomic working environments. I have spent a considerable amount of my money making my office fit my requirements rather than being given some generic equipment through procurement.
- The time timezone should accommodate UK time zones (GMT and BST).
- I am a Frontend Engineer at heart, and this is my main passion.
- I have over 7 years of experience with ReactJS, the first version of React I used was 0.12.x, so I've been using it for a while. It would be a shame to throw that experience away, so opportunities with React, please.
- I can write scalable and maintainable CSS that is built to last. I have experience with Vanilla CSS, Sass, Styled Components, CSS Modules and Tailwind.
- Whilst I can work with AWS and design APIs, it should not be the role's primary focus. There are far more talented and motivated developers than me for that type of work.
Salary and benefits
- I have a Minimum salary expectation that I will give on request.
- Pension contributions beyond the UK legal minimum.
- Bonus scheme for meeting targets/goals.
It's not all about money, but I think I should be compensated fairly for my skills and experience and taking a downgrade in pay isn't likely to get me into a role.